Fees & Policy
Private Lesson Fees (scroll down for Kindermusik)
- 30-minute lesson: $35.00
- 45-minute lesson: $52.50
- 60-minute lesson: $70.00
- All fees quoted for private lessons.
An annual $50 registration fee covers the cost of incidental teaching and learning supplies. Books will be ordered as necessary for lessons and billed accordingly to the student.
- Kindermusik Class Fees & Policy
Studio Policy (Fall – Spring terms)
- Students are assured of receiving the dedicated and professional teaching of the teacher.
- Phone calls to discuss the student's progress are always welcome Mon – Fri (9 am – 9 pm)
at 905 472 4195.
- The number of weeks for the schoolyear (September – mid June) is determined by the academy prior to September
- Lesson fees are payable by the term and must be paid in full before the first lesson is given
- Students are asked to arrive 5 minutes before their scheduled lesson time so that they can receive their full lesson.
- There are no refunds or make-ups for lessons missed by the student. However, the teacher will ensure that the student will receive the relevant assignment provided advance notice of absence is given.
- Lessons cancelled by the teacher occur very rarely and will always be rescheduled at a time agreeable to the student.
- The teacher reserves the right to terminate lessons if the student is habitually unprepared for lessons or shows an ongoing lack of interest during lessons.
- If lessons are terminated by the teacher before the end of term, the student will receive a refund for the remainder of the term.
- If lessons are terminated by the student before the end of term will not receive a refund.
- If a student is unable to attend a lesson, a courtesy call to give notice of absence is appreciated.
Studio Policy (Summer term)
The Fall - Spring policy applies to the Summer with the following exceptions:
- For the summer term (mid-June – August 31), students are welcome to make lesson arrangements that best suit their summer schedule (i.e. Students can decide on the number of lessons that they would like to have over the summer)
- Make up lessons are possible during the summer term only with a minimum of 48 hours' notice.
- Ongoing enrolment - new students are welcome at any time.
- Tuition is prorated when a student joins a class after the term begins.
- WINTER 2017 ($279): Jan. 7 - April 6 (12 weeks; no lessons Mar. 13 - 19)
- SPRING 2017 ($186): Apr. 7 - Jun. 4 (8 weeks; no lessons Apr. 14 - 17)
- SUMMER 2017 ($93/month) : 4-week term in July or August OR 8-week term July - August.
- Tuition - Tuition is payable by the term and is due at the beginning of each term (or at the time of enrolment if a student joins after the term has begun). This covers the cost of the number of weekly scheduled classes, as well as Kindermusik@Home digital materials. Tuition is non-transferable.
- Missed lessons - There are no refunds, nor is credit issued for missed classes. Kindly note that the cost of tuition DOES NOT guarantee the granting of make-up classes on top of the regular weekly scheduled class a student is enrolled in. If a class is missed, the parent may contact the school to request attending an alternate class within the same term (Fall-Spring) or month of registration (Summer) and will be decided by whether there is a suitable class available AND whether there is room. Missed lessons may not be transfered to another child.
- Adult Participation - Each child must be accompanied by 1 adult caregiver. Grown-ups participate for the full 45-minute class. Exceptions are Laugh & Learn and Move & Groove where grown-ups join the class only for the final 10 minutes.
- Punctuality - Please arrive 10 minutes before your class to allow your child time to settle and in consideration of the other children in the class. Please leave all food, beverages, toys and bags
- Cellphones must be turned off and used only outside the class environment.
- Withdrawal from Class - A Full refund is given with a minimum of 2 weeks' notice BEFORE the start of the term. 1-2 weeks' notice results in a 50% refund. There is no refund if withdrawal is less than 1 week before the term begins.
- Class Schedule - Markham Music Academy reserves the right to remove a class from the studio schedule if there are fewer than 3 students registered - a full refund will then be given to any students enrolled in the cancelld class.
- Infant Siblings Attending an Older Sibling's Class - There is no additional charge for infant siblings (up to the age of 6 months) attending an older sibling's class. After 6 months, there is no additional charge for the older sibling's class as long as there is space and as long as the younger sibling is also registered in Cuddle & Bounce at the same time.